From: <w7lrd@juno.com>
To: <AMSAT-BB@amsat.org>
Sent: Tuesday, May 07, 2002 9:47 AM
Subject: [amsat-bb] PRIMESTAR RADOME

> Hello
> I am a few days away from getting on AO-40.  Is it worth the effort to
have a radome over the helix feeding the dish.  Does water (I live near
Seattle) have an effect on the performance?  I have the origonal radome for
the prime star feed assembly.  It could be fashioned to fit over the helix
and sealed.  Also the down converter has an F connector, I will be feeding
the DC up the coax.  Which type of coax are most of us using?  Thanks as
always.