Re: Re:Re: Info about OSCAR on Moon surface

"William Leijenaar" <pe1rah@hotmail.com>

 wrote:

>Thank you for the information on my questions.
>The moon surface is not a very nice enviorment as I read the data, but I
>think it is not impossible to make an transponder that survives it.

..

Other than the obvious issues (technical feasibility
is only the beginning) the other question that nags at
me: how do you propose to get the thing there? While
there are lots of rockets (and, at least theoretically,
launch opportunities) to GTO and LEO, I can count on my
fingers the number of launches to the Moon since Apollo 17,
with lots of fingers to spare.

People seem endlessly fascinated by the various private
organizations, but none of them have gotten a milligram
even to low Earth orbit, let alone launched something to
the Moon.

Grid: CN89lg                    pied a terre..."
ICBM: 49 16.57 N 123 0.24 W        - Hospital/Shafte