PRIMESTAR RADOME

Hello
I am a few days away from getting on AO-40.  Is it worth the effort to have a radome over the helix feeding the dish.  Does water (I live near Seattle) have an effect on the performance?  I have the origonal radome for the prime star feed assembly.  It could be fashioned to fit over the helix and sealed.  Also the down converter has an F connector, I will be feeding the DC up the coax.  Which type of coax are most of us using?  Thanks as always.
73...Bob...W7LRD