c-band TVRO dishes for AO-40

The new house I've just moved into has a nice 10 foot TVRO dish in the backyard.  I've heard of people using them for AO-40 work...Is it just as simple as putting a downconverter with a 2-3 turn helix feed on it at the focal point of the dish?

What about for the L-Band uplink?  Can I just put an L-Band feed in that area too and use it for the uplink?