Re: What is HAM radio and AMSAT?

On 7 May 2002, at 10:12, Bob Bruninga wrote:

> Next time one goes to a HAMfest, or a "local" HAM meeting, they would have
> to be blind not to conclude that 95% of HAM radio is about old tube
> radios, junk, Japanese appliance radios and operators over 50.  I cast no
> judgment whatsoever, but its the truth.  I'm over 50, I love junk, but I
> have spent the last 30 years of my HAM life trying to play on the leading
> edge of ATV, Packet and Satellites..  But I still see 95% of members at
> local clubs still entrenched in HF, DXing, FM repeaters and still most
> admit that they might someday try packet. (even though packet came and
> went before most of these guys quite got around to it...)..

Hi Bob

Same situation on the other side of the northen border, with the difference that 95% entrenched in FM
reapeaters and packet is near death.

The last difference i'm not playing with ATV and i'm not over 50...HI

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE (AMSAT 33583)
Coordonnateur AMSAT pour le Québec
Quebec AMSAT coordinator
          http://www.qsl.net/ve2dwe/