Re: [aprssig] Re: UO-22 again

On Tue, 7 May 2002, Bob Bruninga wrote:

> Remember, although the downlink from UO-22 is hard to receive, the UPLINK
> is just as easy as ISS, or PCsat but at 9600 baud.

I should have said, that uplink is almost 20 dB easier than the downlink
if you are running a 50w mobile.  or 10 dB better to your HT... So do not
be discouraged by the weak downlink if all you need to do is send an Email
while mobile in the boonies..

> And every mobile Kenwood APRS D700 or HT, D7 has 9600 built in...
> Thus, it is an ideal mobile/HT communications satellite...  But we need
> more users or its just the sound of one-hand-clapping...

But again, we need permanent IGates monitoring the dowlinks for the Email
to work always...