Question about Yaesu FT-847 CAT

Hello All,

I have a CAT program that I wrote to control a Yaesu FT-817, under Linux,
which works as it should. Now I have a Yaesu FT-847 and I can't get any CAT
functions to work.

Since the CAT icon is not displayed during data transfer I'm wondering if
there is a mysterious switch or menu item that I have to set. As far as I can
tell, there is no difference between the two radios except for the inbuilt
level converter and some of the op codes.

Maybe someone has a simple program that I can use to check that I have the
cable wired correctly.

--
Regards,
Phil