From: owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org [mailto:owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org] On
Behalf Of Robert McGwier
Sent: Saturday, May 04, 2002 11:42 PM
To: amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org
Subject: [amsat-bb] Elliptical/GTO and Eagle (Part II)

My apologies!

I assumed that we would not be getting an Ariane 5 ride to 600-ish km
perigee GTO.  I didn't know we could raise 1.6 million. $1,000,000+ for
the Ariane 5 launch and campaign and the $600,000 for the satellite as
per the recent bulletin.  I stand corrected. 600km x 36000km will do
nicely.

Now that we have solved the problem by spending lots of money, let us
assume for the moment that we can't afford that launch. Then do we have
a single launcher anywhere that delivers such a long term survivable GTO
perigee to an essentially non paying customer?

A further minor point.  I do believe that on all previous
GTO's Karl Meinzer and AMSAT-DL was the launch customer
and even on our Ariane rides to sun synchronous, we were
a sublet on the Surrey launch.  Has AMSAT-NA ridden on
an Ariane without a European partner?

Bob
N4HY

----
Via the amsat-bb mailing list at AMSAT.ORG courtesy of AMSAT-NA. To