From: owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org [mailto:owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org]On
Behalf Of joseph Murray
Sent: Sunday, May 05, 2002 12:24 PM
To: karn@ka9q.net; amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Elliptical/GTO and Eagle

Hi

On the subject of s/c orbits allow me to show my ignorance .
Consider the Alaska launch facility :

Since the Molniya orbit is said to have the better east west
communication capability :
Can the over the pole orbital launch be modified to be less than a 90
degree inclination.
How close can a Alaskan launch match that Molniya type orbit
Is the payload from the Alaskan facility always less because the launch
azimuth is not to the east?
What happens to the aging of a over the pole orbit that is different then
a easterly launch?

That's enough for now.

Joe  K0VTY