Re: commutating antennas (was snip)

At 11:47 AM 5/5/2002, Rickd73@aol.com wrote:
>And I guess that pretty well defines the two sides which occupy much of the
>conversation that goes on on this BB.  There are those that are looking
>mainly at optimum engineering solutions and those that want to try to factor
>in less well defined political/people requirements.

Wow.  I think you have it wrong.

Both Phil and I argue for simpler spacecraft.  In this case, one band (or
maybe two) for one spacecraft, as opposed to 5 or 10 bands and the kitchen
sink on one spacecraft.  There is no reason for you to equate that with
ignoring users.

In fact, simpler spaceraft that support one band, instead of many, may
support real users better than multi-band monstrosities.

Simpler spacecraft are smaller, have a better chance of getting launched,
etc etc.

In fact, I think the real facts are the opposite of what you seem to
think.  The guys who want to put every damn box that anybody is able to
build on a spacecraft are the build-a-fancy-box junkies.

Please be careful to understand the arguments before putting people in boxes.