Re: Elliptical/GTO and Eagle (Part II)

Like Richard I have been a little surprised at the lack of comment about the
note that we might be forced to build in deorbiting rockets to future amsat
birds that was mentioned in VE3FRH's letter.

I wondered if, instaed of a rocket, a tether could be used when required as
this would be possibly safer/more relaible after "x" years in space.

Like most of my "good ideas", someone has already been there. See:

http://techtran.msfc.nasa.gov/SBIR/tether.html

cheers

Graham