re: N Connectors

I had a problem installing these PL259 style N type connectors (Van
Gorden?) on Belden 9913F. The inner stranded conductors are slightly too
big to fit into the center pin of the connector. This is exacerbated if
you tin the conductors. If you don't shave a bit of material off the
conductors, you may have one strand bunch up and fall behind the rest.
This would affect the VSWR and could short out.

--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT
Jleikhim@nettally.com

"Jazz is not dead.  It just smells funny." -F.Z.