Re: Aerial element diameters

Just a quick point, you might want to check out Kent Britian's WA5VJB "Cheap
Yagi" designs for 435 MHz.  A quick search on Google should locate several
pages of info on the web.

He uses thin wooden booms and brass brazing rod that should be readily
available in most parts of the world.  Also the NBS yagis are not really
"optimum"-- they were a good design before the days of computers, but there
are many better optimized designs out there.

The "cheap yagis" are realitively good performers and are easily built.

Fred W0FMS