Re: AO-40 Doppler shift at AOS for auto tracking

Gunther Meisse wrote:

> I am trying to fully automate tracking of the MB on AO-40 so that I can
> download 100% of the telem to the archive and Goddard on all USA passes. My
> the receiver to the proper freq. I will assume that software can grab it if
> it is within 1kc.

The latest version of Nova for Windows includes a frequency display.  It
can predict AOS frequency by running time forward.  http://www.nlsa.com

> Does anyone have a spreadsheet that fairly accurately predicts Doppler for
> every 0.1 MA or how about the necessary math to do so?

A spreadsheet based on MA would only be valid for one location because
Doppler shift is linked to the observer.

Michael R. Owen, Ph.D.                      Dept. of Geology
Northern Lights Software Associates         St. Lawrence University
http://www.nlsa.com                         mowen@stlawu.edu