Re: AO-40 Doppler shift at AOS for auto tracking

Gunther Meisse wrote:

> I am trying to fully automate tracking of the MB on AO-40 so that I can
> download 100% of the telem to the archive and Goddard on all USA passes. My
:
:
> the receiver to the proper freq. I will assume that software can grab it if
> it is within 1kc.

The latest version of Nova for Windows includes a frequency display.  It
can predict AOS frequency by running time forward.  http://www.nlsa.com

> Does anyone have a spreadsheet that fairly accurately predicts Doppler for
> every 0.1 MA or how about the necessary math to do so?

A spreadsheet based on MA would only be valid for one location because
Doppler shift is linked to the observer.

W9IP
--
Michael R. Owen, Ph.D.                      Dept. of Geology
Northern Lights Software Associates         St. Lawrence University