Re: Elliptical/GTO and Eagle

 Robert McGwier writes:

> Can anyone on this bulletin board name a single GTO launch
> where the PERIGEE was high enough to become the
> permanent orbit?

Its my understanding that Ariane-5 gives a 500-600km perigee altitude (but
Ariane-4 only gave 300km or so).

The AO-40 initial orbit had perigee at about 600km. I note that the STRV-1C
payload from this flight is still at about the same perigee value (stepped
it forward ten years and it went *up* - must be doing an AO-13).

73
Richard W L Limebear G3RWL
g3rwl@amsat.org
FOC # 1188