Elliptical/GTO and Eagle

Can anyone on this bulletin board name a single GTO launch
where the PERIGEE was high enough to become the
permanent orbit?  It is a waste of fuel for any
launcher to do anything but get apogee to the right
place with enough perigee height that the spacecraft
attitude control works long enough to burn to a higher
perigee and/or to circularize the orbit.

If we cannot suggest even one GTO launch/launcher that has
this characteristic, then why are we bothering to even
consider such a fiction?  A better thing is to
look at existing GTO launches and to figure out
what if anything we can build to suit.

I have an open mind and am willing to be convinced
but I just don't see it.

Bob
N4HY