RE: N Connectors

I haven't done rigorous testing, but I did do a 2-18 GHz sweep on a pair of
the connectors like you describe.  These were hamfest generics, but had
teflon inserts and silver plating.  I had them installed on a 1.5m long
piece of LMR-240.

The assembly looked pretty flat out to about 8 GHz and then began a steeper
drop off.  By about 13 GHz things fell drastically.  I cannot say whether it
was all due to the connectors or the cable or both since it was just a quick
check and I didn't calibrate my setup.

Anyway, they looked just fine for me at 70 cm.

73,
Ron, AG5RS