RE: AO40 off-pointing

Stacey Mills wrote:

If you go the the amsat-bb archives, look at the 100 day file by author and
search for my posts, you'll see one called:

AO-40: why did they have to rotate it?
The exact URL is:
http://www.amsat.org/amsat/archive/amsat-bb/100day/msg20275.html
This essentially answers your questions, and points you to other sources in
the archives.  It isn't the inclination that affects the time of the
calendar year when there are bad solar angles, it's the RAAN.

Wayne replies:

Thanks for the prompt reply!  Yes, I remember that article.  I re-read it and note that the times of bad solar illumination occur roughly twice per year, and are not consistent each year because of orbit precession.

I would still like to know when the next "bad illumination" period is expected to begin and end.

Thanks,

Wayne Estes W9AE
Mundelein, IL, USA