A problem with AO40Rcv Mic UP-DN

Attention prospective new AO40Rcv software  users.

If you are bringing up the wonderful AO-40 telemetry program, and you have a
fairly new Gateway box, you should be aware of a potential problem.
If you wish to use the MIC UP/DN feature, for whatever reason, the program
will not recognize your serial port on the mother board. The rig-control
screen will not show comm1 as an option. I have not been able to find a
Microsoft fix for this problem.
To solve the problem, add a new PCI serial card to an empty slot and you are
in business. In my case AO40Rcv then shows both new ports (2 port card) as
selection options. Pick one, and away you go.
I have had the problem on two Gateway boxes that are running Microsoft me
with  Pentium III cpu. I think the problem is in the mother board used.

73
Gunther Meisse
W8GSM