Re: commutating antennas (was Re: Canted S-band antennas on satellite)

> Tom: Do you have a reference on the location of phase center for different
> kinds of antenna?  I know you're into this, as I heard you give a talk on
> errors due to various GPS antenna characteristics once. :-), including the
> fact that the phase centers of many antennas at the 2 GPS frequencies are
> not in the same location.

There's actually an interesting article in this month's GPS World
magazine on someone measuring the phase centers of the existing
GPS satellite antennas.  It apparently move based on the squint
angle of the receiver on the ground relative to the GPS satellite
and this was a measurable source of error in some precision application.

louie
wa3ymh