Re: Flight Computers

Mike Murphree <w4lna@knology.net> writes:
> But I never said that VxWorks would be be used for our final
> product, nor was that the focus of my answer.  The point was
> that real-time support was not available for these boards under
> Linux despite a tremendous amount of media/market hype that
> it was.
I agree here.

Embedded Linux doesn't have RT support.  For many projects a full
blown RTOS is unessecary and using one is only due to the hype/buzz factor.

If RT Linux is needed I know many people are working on commercial
RT scheduler replacements for the Linux kernel.  I have yet to see one.

> Linux is not the only "royalty-free" OS out there.  Green Hills Software
> makes a couple that are being considered for space programs at our site.
Accelerated Technology - Nucleus

--
Nick