FT-736R 9600 Mod

I'm ready to add the necessary cables to my FT-736R to enable 9600 Baud
opn.  I've collected and read over all the mod info.  My question to the
group is, exactly how do you route your cables to the outside of the
rig?  Do you pass them through a hole then onto a connector external to
the radio or do you wire them to a jack installed in the rig? I'd like
to know exactly how you route them to the outside or where you have
installed the jack.  And, what type of jack you've used?   Please
respond direct.  Tnx in advance, Phil  KB9CRY