Re: Re: Mailbox or gateway via satellite.

On Sun, 28 Apr 2002, Peter Guelzow wrote:

> > For future satellites, why can't we design a system that has coordinated
> > digital uplinks?
>
> Such a system already exists for AX25 and it is called "DAMA".
> This scheme works very well and "power users" have no more fortune.

Hummh.  I think the KPC-9612 TNC supports DAMA and PCsat has two KPC-9612
TNC's on orbit.  Maybe we could do an experiment.  Since we dont  use
DAMA in the USA, maybe someone with KPC-9612 experince and DAMA
experinece could work up the details on how we could enable this on PCasat

de WB4APR, Bob