Re: Mailbox or gateway via satellite.

Richard W L Limebear wrote:

> Sorry to be negative but The RUDAK guys are crying out for software writers
> in order to make the device do things just like this. Any interested
> developers would be more useful writing software for the spacecraft :(

I wasn't aware that they wanted any help. The only request for help I
have seen was to have written a program to convert Whole Orbit Data into
CSV format so that it could be loaded into a spreadsheet for analysis.
And, if I remember correctly, there were 3 of us that responded with
actual code.  I am not sure how many showed some interest in writing ny
code.

Also, judging by the response for help with ADCARS (OSCAR-E and Eagle) I
would have thought that any request for help would have had a good
response.

I had assumed that the lack of RUDAK operation was because of power
budgets,  not lack of operational software.

-- John Melton  N6LYT/G0ORX

                Principal Systems Software Engineer
        ((      Sun Microsystems,
      (|~~|     Solaris House, Guillemont Park,
       `--'     Minley Road, Blackwater,
                Camberley, Surrey GU17 9QG, England
       JAVA     Phone: +44 1252 421708  (internal ext 21708)
                Email: john.melton@sun.com