Re: Re: RE: Why Think About Satellite Security?

>SSB is still used as a primary method by poorer countries on HF and at least
>low VHF.  Richer countries still rely on HF as a backup, or a cheaper
>alternative to satellites.  So HF is not dead.  Its not as "cool" as
>satellites, but still VERY useful.

Oh no, I didn't say *HF* was on its way out, only that SSB is.  SSB is
certainly going to be around for a very long time. But SSB is hardly a
"growth industry", unlike the many digital modes rapidly being
deployed on every frequency band, including HF.

Phil