Re: System Security (was Question about AO-40 telemetry)

> Last time I checked my licence encrypted information of any kind was
banned.
> So we must be sure to differentiate between encryption and authentication.

Under US regs:

§97.211 (b) A telecommand station may transmit special codes intended to
obscure the meaning of telecommand messages to the station in space
operation.
§97.207 (f) Space telemetry transmissions may consist of specially coded
messages intended to facilitate communications or related to the function of
the spacecraft.

-Joe KM1P