RE: TS-2000 or IC-910H opinions need - - Reply

I have an Icom 910H and love it. Never even seen a Kenwood TS-2000. The Icom
has done well for me and is built like a battle ship. I added the 1.2Ghz
module and it was a pleasure to get inside. Clean layout. The only bitches I
have are related to the poor mic which Icom uses and the PTT switching.

Mic: I replaced the mic with a Heil BM-10 and now sound great. Watch adding
other mics, Icom puts voltage on theirs and it must be blocked if not needed
for a replacement. The other mic problem is that they use a very high output
mic to save on the preamp within, so just any nice dynamic mic will not
provide the needed output.

PTT: I wanted to add a foot switch for TX control of my 1.2Ghz brick and the
910. Well!!! The plugs for PTT on the rear of the 910 do not function if the
rig is in the SAT mode. In that mode you Tx using the SUB channel. The MAIN
is used to RX. The problem is solved by Heil who was kind enough to put a
PTT jack on the mic cable for his mic. So in the end all went well.

All in all, a great rig.

73
Gunther Meisse
W8GSM