Re: Visual Satellite Display

At 07:18 PM 4/12/02 -0400, Bob Bruninga wrote:
>I just posted a program that will show graphically the elevation angle and
>polar plot of all visual satellties that will be in view in the next 10 to
>30 minutes or so.  See the screen shot:
>
>    http://web.usna.navy.mil/~bruninga/photos/visual.jpg

Bob:

Great program; thanks!  I have been working with some people here lately
getting them interested in visual observation of space objects.  Your
timing is great.  Unfortunately here in south Florida, we won't get to see
the ISS again until the 17th.

A couple of things I'd love to see in this program if you're taking wishes:

1) Check for an Internet connection upon program initialization, and
download fresh keps.

2) Present a table of relative magnitudes of the observable objects,
perhaps as an ALT-key choice.

Thanks again for a fun and timely program.

Mike KF4FDJ
Black holes were created when God divided by zero.