PCsat Recovered!

Over the weekend of 6 April, PCsat has finally made it back into a
positive power budget and has achieved a full charge on the batteries
allowing it to remember its commands for more than the one hour sunshine
of each orbit.

We thank the dedicated efforts of these command stations around the
world: G6LVB,IT9GSV,LU7ABF,LW2DTZ,VK3JT,WB4APR,ZL1AOX,ZR1FN,ZR1CBC who
have  attempted commands on over 400 orbits since this problem began on 10
March.

We have enabled the DIGIpeater again for limited operations probably
through 10 May.  Then we may have to go back to low-power ops until we
reach full Sun in the first week of June.  This may be modified over the
next few days as we learn more, but remember, PCsat's batteries have
been severly weakened.  This means:

1) Operations during DAYLIGHT only.
2) No operations after dark
3) Cease operations whenever you see packets with 11111111 telemetry.
4) Be conservative and minimize the number of packets you digipeat
5) No routine automatic unattended operations
6) Keyboarders welcome.

The thing to watch is the battery voltages before sunrise.

   W3ADO-1>BEACON,SGATE:T#172,162,162,081,212,213,00111111,0111,1

   The ending ,xx11,1 means this is the TLM with battery volts in it.
   The T#172 is minutes since last RESET (or turnover at 999)
   The first two values, 162,162 are the battery voltages (16.2)

When PCsat battery volts get below 14 volts, we worry.  Sunrise is now
occuring over the extreme southern hemisphere so we can only see this data
when IGates in Australia, South Africa and Antarctica send packets to
findu.com in the very early hours before sunrise LOCAL time.

Steve Dimse, K4HG has added a switch to let you see the PCSAT feed with
absolute time instead of packet AGE...  Just add "absolute=1" onto the end
of your cgi request..

 http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/pcsat.cgi?absolute=1

This makes it much easier to correlate what is happening to PCsat and
when.  Thanks Steve!

de WB4APR, Bob