RE: Earth Image

Actually, it is a composite of many passes showing the visible light from
earth. You will notice there aren't any clouds. A thermal image would show
lots of cold cloud tops.

de na0ia

"Sattler, Jay" <jay.sattler@eds.com>@amsat.org on 04/03/2002 07:42:19 AM

Sent by:    owner-AMSAT-BB@amsat.org

To:    "'Michael Kingery'" <mkingery@ala.net>, Amsat List
       <amsat-bb@amsat.org>
cc:

Subject:    RE: [amsat-bb] Earth Image

Mike-
I think this is actually a thermal scan.  Unless somebody unplugged the Sun
(eclipse), I don't think it's possible for the whole Earth to be covered in
darkness.  It is a wonderful image though!!