Re: Working AO40 with portable station ?

Hello This is Yoshi.

At 2002/04/02 06:08:03 William Leijenaar wrote:
> I have here an 2m/70cm back-pack station, and I want to upgrade it with 13cm
> RX to work via the AO40. The station has only 10W PEP, with an 7 elements
> yagi. I have only an deaf NORSAT convertor for now, but I am wondering if
> this will be enough to work via AO40, and if I can hear my signal back with
> an KUHNE 13cm RX convertor and 80cm dish ???

  10W and 7ele uplink will not be enough for SSB contact with 80cm
Dish & good NF converter. I am now trying with 13W (at feedpoint)
and 11ele crossed RHCP YAGI (handmaid) and 80cm Dish, but sometime
I could not copy what I'm saying on the loop test.

  But it will be OK for CW contact (or psk31).

  Lets try to upgrade your 70cm uplink antenna. 11 to 15 ele YAGI
requires 2-2.5m boom length but you can try to make it for foldable.

Yoshihiro Imaishi JF6BCC/KH2GR
GL:PM53JV, ex KC6IY(T88IY),V63BP
mailto:jf6bcc@jarl.com
<http://plaza16.mbn.or.jp/~palau/index-hame.html>