Re: Spacewalk Frequencies?

Sil,

The same tranceiver is used on the orbiter for air-ground comm during
the approach and landing phase. Since they must communicate with more
traditional aircraft type facilities during that phase they must use
AM to be compatible. The EVA suits were just built to be able to
communicate with the air band tranceiver.

Ron