Re: Spacewalk Frequencies?

Sil, I am sure that Ron, our astronaught W4SIR can do a better job but
basically AM is used in aircraft communications as FM would "capture"
dual transmissions.  This would not be satisfactory as one must know
that there are other messages present in aircraft coms!  Just visualize
a number of aircraft approaching an airport in which only one is heard
by the ground controller.  AM at least lets one know that there was a
transmission obliterated and a repeat necessary..   Cliff K7RR