Re: Circular Polarized Patch antennas

>Some good information on the 435MHz Circular Polarized Patch antennas on
>AO40 from http://www.amsat.org/amsat/sats/phase3d/antennas.html
>

>Patch antennas can be described as a thin square of conductor material,
>approximately 1/2 wavelength on a side, closely spaced above a larger
>reflector plane. The center point of this active element may be grounded
>using a vertical conductor. While not exact, this patch radiator can be
>thought of as a pair of stacked dipoles, spaced by 1/2 wavelength and
>backed by a reflector. The more correct description of the antenna is that
>it is a pair of 1/2 wavelength

Tnx fer all the good info, Don.

I've been experimenting with the patches since AO40 was launched, and have
cut up a lot of copper!!

The patch testers patch2.zip and PTMK1.zip

at:

http://home.san.rr.com/doguimont/uploads

makes is very easy to test a lot of configurations in short order.

            73, Dave wb6llo@amsat.org
                    Disagree: I learn....