Re: Satellite Weak signal Detection

>Can any of the DSP gurus tell me what is the best smoothing window to use
>with an FFT to detect a very weak CW signal burried in noise. I want to

What are you trying to accomplish with your FFT? Do you simply want to
say, with some specified probability of error, whether or not the
signal is present? Or do you want to accurately estimate its frequency
and amplitude? How stable is the received frequency of this signal?

Oh, and when you say "CW", are you using the amateur or the
non-amateur meaning of that term? (Outside ham radio, "CW" means
literally "continuous wave", i.e., a continuous, totally unmodulated
carrier, because nobody uses Morse Code outside ham radio.)

Phil