Re: Best HT for UO-14 ?

Donnie and others,

The best HTs for UO-14 (and AO-27) that I've seen are the Yaesu FT-530 and
its predecessor, the FT-470, because, when used with headphones or, better
yet, a boom-mic headset, they allow you to monitor the downlink while
transmitting so you'll know if you're getting into the
bird.  Unfortunately, neither is in current production, so you'll have to
find them on the used market.  If you can live without the
simultaneous-receive capability, I've had very good results with the
FT-50RD which costs less than a VX-5R.

73, Ray, W2RS