Al in Salem, Oregon via UO-14

Sunday night I made my first ever satellite contact.  It was on the
0508 utc (21:06 Pacific) pass on UO-14 and it was with Al from Salem,
Oregon.

I was not planning on having enough power or skill to get into the bird
and was caught off guard be my success.  I had build the antenna today
out of wood and brazing rods, using plans from Cheap Yagi Antennas for
VHF/UHF (http://www.clarc.org/Articles/uhf.htm) and was using two HT
radios with hand tracking in my back yard.  I forgot to keep tracking
doppler and that was why I disappeared so suddenly.  I defiantly did not
have a tape recorder, or even a pad of paper and and pencil near by.

To Al or anyone else from the pass who heard KD7HGL I would like to say
thank you for my first ever contact!!!  It was very exciting to work
you, hope to do it again soon.

							Later, JOSH