Re: Nova vs SatPC question?

One glaring deficiency in Nova for Windows is that there is NO doppler
display. I am amazed that such an important variable is no where to be
found.

There are supposed work-arounds like WispDDE...but when I downloaded and
attempted to run it, I get an ocx error, even though my version of the ocx
file is considerably newer (in Win98se) than the one provided with WispDDE.

As wb6llo pointed out, IT will run in Win98 of course, but it's still a dos
program and consumes way too much processor time for the job it does. I have
IT running on its own dedicated dos machine and it does nicely without
impacting the many other programs running simultaneously on the win machine.

Overall I like Nova a lot...but the absence of doppler is quite
disappointing for a "major league" tracking program.

hasan schiers, N0AN

schiers@netins.net
or use amsat.org or arrl.net remailer