Impedance transformation

Hi,

Please can soemeone advise me if I am doing the correct thing.
I am interested to match a 50ohm connector to  10M ohm connector at vlf e.g.
1 - 2 MHz.  While I am familiar with higher frequency matching using quarter
wave transformer, can I still use the same technique and replace the quarter
wave line with a resistor in parallel to the two connector having resistance
of sqrt(50*10e6)ohms.

Thanks.

Matt