73, doug

   From: Estes Wayne-W10191 <W10191@motorola.com>
   Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 11:15:16 -0600

   Dave Guimont wrote:

   I can use 12v battery power, but require two batteries to supply the 20v needed
   by the CalAmp converter

   Wayne replies:

   I also need 20 Volts to power my TranSystem downconverter and 28V
   coaxial relay.  Last night I discovered the National Semiconductor
   LM2577T-ADJ "Simple Switcher step-up voltage regulator".  I'm going
   to order one ($5.72 from the Radio Shack commercial catalog) to
   build a boost regulator with 13V input, 18-20V output.

   Wayne Estes W9AE
   Mundelein, IL, USA