From: owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org [mailto:owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org] On
Behalf Of Gary "Joe" Mayfield
Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2002 8:13 AM
To: Greg D.; amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] circular polarized Arrow antenna

What is the claimed front to back ratio?  50 Watts into an antenna with
a 10
dB front to back ratio is the same as 5 Watts into a quarter wave.  Just
be
clever enough to stay behind the antenna, and holding it away from your
body
might be a good idea as well.  If you have a hand held it is probably
much
worse at full power.

73,
Joe