Re: circular polarized Arrow antenna

>If curious, why not just try using the Arrow to access AO-40.  See if it is
>enough?

Hi Ed,

I did just that, and it works at good pointing angles, and used it in my
"Garden Shack".  I use about 22 watts up the pipe with an old ICOM 851.
I've since added a piece of 1/2" pvc with 7 elements added, and use it all
the time right now with any decent downlink signals...

Taken apart it fits easily in my standard sedan for FD, demos, Roundup and that
sort of thing.  I can dissasemble and pack in the car in about 20 minutes,
and in
less than 30 minutes be on the air at a remote site...

I can use 12v battery power, but require two batteries to supply the 20v needed
by the CalAmp converter, or easier to use my gasoline generator....

I suppose backpackers could cut the antenna again to shorten it, but at 80 I'm
not about to do much of that any more!!

Pics at:

http://home.san.rr.com/doguimont/uploads

in the files gardnatnt.jpg and gardnshk.jpg

            73, Dave wb6llo@amsat.org
                    Disagree: I learn....