A very different rotator - Part 1

An idea from another local Amateur has meant that, a week ago, I bought a
very old and shabby computer table. It will become a type of rotator.

The computer table has height and tilt motors - very solid - and 'rack and
pinion' gears so that the rotating motor turns a gear box that then
translates the motion through 90 degrees to the rack that is mounted on the
frame. There are sensing switches on the two gear boxes. It is main powered,
but the power pack translates this to low voltage.

My wife expects that the wood from the table will return to the recycling
centre (rubbish dump) from where I bought the table. She understands that
the frame and motors will stay.

I am still preparing the table for its eventual role.
The story is only just beginning.
Watch this space...

Peter
VK1KEP