Re: Digital Sat status Jan 28

On Mon, 28 Jan 2002, Mineo Wakita wrote Digital Sat status Jan 28, 2002

> OO-38     437.100MHz  9600bps   FSK : Good telemetry beacon
> KF6RFX>CQ [28-Jan-02  05:44:30z] <UI R>:OPAL 61:224156035 <01>
> See,  http://www.ne.jp/asahi/hamradio/je9pel/opalmai3.htm
> about the analysis of this telemtry from OO-38.

The <01> in the OPAL telemetry shows (and has shown all its life) that the
battery voltage is high.  Since OPAL has no other mission (having
deployed its baby-sats long ago), it is available for APRS and UI
digipeating.  I wonder if we could make a concerted effort to load the
digipeater and see if we can make that bit change?

OPAL is simply a digipeater.  Just set your unproto

and rememeber that you must tune Doppler well. on both uplink and downlink
in opposite directions from 437.100.  But after years in orbit, this may
no longer be the exact center and the uplink and downlink use separate
XMTR and RX, so they could have drifted differently... thus this is also a
good epxeriment to find the center of the uplink...

de WB4APR, Bob