Re: "Portable Antenna Positioner"

On Sun, 27 Jan 2002, Doug Faunt N6TQS +1-510-655-8604 wrote:

> Speaking of this dish, is there any progress towards making the sheet
> metal parts available as a kit?

I realize I will never have the time, so I am just going to publish the
template and let everyone build their own.  It is simple...

Cut a roll of thin aluminum flashing (14" wide) into 24" long pieces.
and cut them into wedges stack them up and cut a 7/8" hole in the small
end.  Then drill 2 holes at the inner circle and 2 on the outer circle
and screw it all together...  Ill find those dimensions I used.

Mine shown on the WEB page was made of 16 petals of 10" wide flashing, but
why bother with 16 petals and 32 screws when the 14" flashing will work
for a 12 petal design.  I have NOT yet made a prototype of that design...

a 50' roll of the flashing is only about $12 at any hardware store and
suitable for at least 3 of these antennas each..

Remind me to post those dimensions if I dont get areound to it modnay..

bob

de WB4APR@amsat.org, Bob