Re: Callsign procedure question

Hello This is Yoshi.

At 2002/01/26 16:09:33 Bob McElligott wrote:
> Phonetically I said "Hotel Lima Two stroke Kilo Kilo Four Uniform
> Zulu."   The term "stroke" seemed to confuse everyone.  To the best of my
> knowledge, years ago before the IARU changed the procedure, it was proper
> to use my US callsign first (KK4UZ) then add portable HL2.

  Maybe so, but now we should pronounce the prifix of current QTH
first, then follow the original callsign with the delimiter "/".

> What is the correct procedure for SSB contacts using my particular
> callsign?  Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

  I think that the "Stroke" or "Slash" will be the best pronounce for
the style as HL2/KK4UZ. "Portable" will make much confusion....

  But, for example on our Japanese domestic QSO, the "/" will be
used only after the callsign to identify the portable district area
number, as JF6BCC/5 or JF6BCC/JD1. In tis way, we usually say "JF6BCC
protable five/JD1". But the way "JF6BCC stroke five/JD1" is not
common.
  So, maybe some of non-DXing hams do not know the pronouncing way
of "/" by "Stroke/Slash".

  So if somebody Japanese ham could not understand your callsign
with "Stroke" or "Slash", let's try to use "Portable" at once. Then
if he still can not copy, there is no need to care him :-p.

  I am much busy on my job until the end of this month ( I am a
system engineer and our developed system is on cut-over process
in this weekend Hi). Maybe in next Feb. I will QRV on AO-40 again.

  73 de Yoshi.

Yoshihiro Imaishi JF6BCC/KH2GR
GL:PM53JV, ex KC6IY(T88IY),V63BP
mailto:jf6bcc@jarl.com