Re: Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 06:55:05 -0600

Yeah I think Bob set about the right tone.  Other then the birds frequency
being in a "bad" place I dont see much wrong with the satellite there.

It strikes me as hard to be oppossed to this and then in the same breath
(which you are not doing) advocate something like well an Amateur satellite
to Mars which is clearly not a communication device.

Robert

>From: "Nick Pugh" <quadpugh@bellsouth.net>
>To: <amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org>
>Subject: [amsat-bb] Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 06:55:05 -0600
>Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 04:55:28 -0800 (PST)
>

>on 1/24 Bob wb4apr4apr wrote
>
>I still may be missing something, but...
>   - It seems it is still too early to start a firestorm...
>   - I have not seen any reports of harmful interference.
>   - I have not seen any evidence yet that it is not an amateur satellite
>   - Just because one "hears" a signal, does not necessarily constitute
>     "harmful interference"...
>
>Lets wait and see what is going on?  I am all 100% for protecting our
>amateur bands and will jump on any bandwagon for such a defense.  But it
>still seems premature to start sending letters with the tone of "harmful
>intereference" to someone who may be an asset to us...
>
>Who knows, maybe we are logging the initial peeps of a new amateur
>satellite that will benefit us all?
>
>If we set out to BURN them now, and it turns out to be something we could
>have  used, the bad feelings we sow now will BURN US later...  THey would
>rather turn it OFF then let us use it IAW the ITU regulations...
>
>I agree with Bob
>
>Nick k5qxj
>

>----

Robert Oler WB5MZO Houston TX