Re: Maroc-Tubsat Satellite Signal

I'll tell you why it "seems" racist, religiously bigoted or at least
xenophobic:

To quote you, "It seems to have an arabic name. it is highly suspicious"

So...anything or one with an arabic name is highly suspicious?

Guess you better put me on the list then, eh?

Further, it has no place on a list like this in the first place. Please save
this kind of paranoid ranting for mailing lists and newsgroups where it is
desired.

Additionally, the "evil ones" who attacked us were not Muslims, anymore than
the KKK is a Christian organization, Timothy McVeigh is a Christian or the
maniac that killed people in the mosque in the middle east was representing
Judaism (he happened to be Jewish). People call themselves lots of things to
justify their lunacy, let's not fall into the trap of legitimizing their
"cover" by agreeing with them.

BTW, we are "looking for" terrorists, we are NOT looking for Muslims or
Arabs. (Guess you must have missed the President's repeated comments with
respect to this issue.)

End of thread for me, but I just had to comment when you couldn't take the
legitimate criticism of your peers and had to resort to defending this kind
of bigotry even after it had been pointed out to you just how offensive it
might be.

I'm not personally offended....the remarks are too damn dumb to get offended
over. Nevertheless, they are misguided, bigoted and wrong and should not be
left to pass as acceptable discourse on this wonderful list of people
interested in amateur satellite communication, some of whom happen to be
muslims, but not arabs, arabs but not muslims as well as muslims of arabic
lineage. Spare us the tripe, please.

hasan schiers, N0AN

schiers@netins.net
or use amsat.org or arrl.net remailer