Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 06:55:05 -0600

on 1/24 Bob wb4apr4apr wrote

I still may be missing something, but...
  - It seems it is still too early to start a firestorm...
  - I have not seen any reports of harmful interference.
  - I have not seen any evidence yet that it is not an amateur satellite
  - Just because one "hears" a signal, does not necessarily constitute
    "harmful interference"...

Lets wait and see what is going on?  I am all 100% for protecting our
amateur bands and will jump on any bandwagon for such a defense.  But it
still seems premature to start sending letters with the tone of "harmful
intereference" to someone who may be an asset to us...

Who knows, maybe we are logging the initial peeps of a new amateur
satellite that will benefit us all?

If we set out to BURN them now, and it turns out to be something we could
have  used, the bad feelings we sow now will BURN US later...  THey would
rather turn it OFF then let us use it IAW the ITU regulations...

I agree with Bob

Nick k5qxj