Re: Satellite QRM in West-Pac

Hello This is Yoshi.

At 2002/01/16 06:34:14 Tony Langdon wrote:
> > QRM on the Amateur Satellite Bands from non-licensed users...
<snip>
> We get this on UO-14 as well.  Actually, most of the traffic seems to be
> from those VHF cordless phones, because it has a sound like people talking
> on the phone - that relaxed, continuing conversation, rather than a ham
> monologue or the short, sharp overs of a commercial or emergency service.
<snip>

  Sorry for late comment.

  In the middle of this January, I QRVed on UO-14 from KH2 Guam and
tried to watch how the QRM comes, with my friend in Guam who can
understand philippino language.

* QRM was when the UO-14 was just over YB area. But It was not so much
  strong. I can pass my voice with my 40W uplink with 6ele Yagi.
* When the UO-14 comes over DU area, QRM became much heay! My friend
  said that these QRM might be come from telephone-use of inter-province
  communication at the local area of DU.

  I tried to access the UO-14 when it was at the east of Guam, and
much surprised "How iteasy to access!". My 5W uplink with 6ele Yagi
was much enough for access. I did not try with my ruber-duck whip
but it might be could Hi.
  Now I can understand why the VK hams can talk each other via FM birds
with just HT and whip. The problem is only "QRM" on uplink.... x-p

  I also tried to send APRS packet from KH2, but due to my PC setting,
I could not confirm that my packet reached to PCSat or not... Hi.

Yoshihiro Imaishi JF6BCC/KH2GR
GL:PM53JV, ex KC6IY(T88IY),V63BP
mailto:jf6bcc@jarl.com
<http://plaza16.mbn.or.jp/~palau/index-hame.html>